Re: Fwd: Re: Xorg 8.9.0 "radeon" with DRI hangs FreeBSD-6.1, OK without DRI

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Mark Kandianis wrote:
Ivan Voras <ivoras@xxxxxx> wrote:
Can you try reinstalling xorg-server with attached patch (or fetched from
http://agrajag.ijs.si/tinderbox/stuff/xorg/patch-radeonmmap) in
xorg-server/files directory and see if it changes anything.

No change. I dropped the patch file in xorg-server/files, recompiled
xorg-server but it still behaves the same. I'll try experimenting with
it some more tonight.

Just wanted you guys to know that this problem exists. I hope we won't have the same.

Try duplicating the problem using our latest snapshot. If you can't, then this is an X.Org problem. If you can, there's not much we can do about it given the Radeon driver maintainer is a central figure in the Dark Side.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx          |
|  352 General Services Building   +-----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                   |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                   |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |