Server crash.....

I've got a server crash that is bugging me. Since I've gotten this computer, I've had a problem with XVideo that has plagued me through several X upgrades and kernel upgrades. Currently I'm using XFree version 4.5.0 and kernel 2.6.15. The Xfree install in from the bin distributions on the Xfree site. Kernel is a customized kernel for my install. Distro is a heavily modified Slackware. I have an Intel 915G graphics card.

Nagging problem... when I play certain movies files with mplayer, xine, or cinelerra and use the XVideo interface, I get image tearing or shearing. Every raster line in the video output is shifted about 10 pixels. This only happens on certain video files. Some play just fine. I also have some files where there is no shearing but the colors are incorrect. The colors are dull and washed out. If I play the troublesome videos with the x11 interface with mplayer (mplayer -vo x11) the videos play fine. So I have a a workaround... don't use XVideo. Of course this is slow and a real pain in cinelerra.

The crash... When I'm player one of the sheared videos in mplayer and using XVideo as the output, I shrink the video window down. If I get too small (I'm guessing somewhere around 50x50) I get a server crash. The error output says:

Error in I830WaitLpRing(), now is 10402056, start is 10400055
pgetbl_ctl: 0x1ffc0001 pgetbl_err: 0x0
ipeir: 0 iphdr: 1810000
LP ring tail: 15118 head: 150e4 len: 1f801 start 0
eir: 0 esr: 1 emr: ffff
instdone: ffc0 instpm: 0
memmode: 108 instps: f0000
hwstam: fffe ier: 2 imr: 8 iir: 2a0
space: 131012 wanted 131064
(II) I810(0): [drm] removed 1 reserved context for kernel
(II) I810(0): [drm] unmapping 8192 bytes of SAREA 0xe3bba000 at 0xb79b5000

Fatal server error:
lockup

I can attach the full log file from X if you need it. I didn't want to do that until I knew it was OK.... I'm new to the list.

Seems to me I have some problem with my card and XVideo. I've googled and found some things that are kinda the same, but not exactly.

	Thanks,
	Jay