Re: Dual display problem - No matching device section

--- Marc Aurele La France <tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Rick wrote:
> > --- Marc Aurele La France <tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> display,

> PCI
> that
> second
> attached
> with
> cannot
> for

> out of
>
> >> I don't see anything obvious in what you've
> attached
> >> so far.  Please attach
> >> /var/log/XFree86.0.log.
>
> > Hi Marc, thanks for your reply. (I hope I am
> replying
> > in the correct manner - please advise me if I'm
> doing
> > this wrong)
>
> > I accidentally omitted the log file in the
> original
> > mailing.  Here it is.
>
> The problem seems to be that your layout section
> specifies only one screen.
> Or did you already try that?
>
> Marc.

Hi Marc,

I uncommented the second screen specification in the
layout section and tried starting X.  According to the
log file (attached) that does indeed seem to take care
of the "No matching device section" for the second
video card - it now identifies both cards with their
appropriate device setions.  However, there is now a
different problem. If you look at the log file, there
are two errors, "Cannot read V_BIOS" for the second
display adapter, and X eventually hangs with multiple
notifications of "SMI_GEReset called from smi_accel.c
line xxx" (xxx being several different line numbers),
shown at the end of the log file.

Any idea what is happening?

Best regards

Rick