XTrap Extension (keyboard/mouse)

Title: XTrap Extension (keyboard/mouse)

Hello All X-teers

I have a simple X11 question for you or perhaps someone else over there that may know this.

Do you know of a way or have some sample code of how to trap all events (keyboard,mouse) in an X server?

I see there are many extensions like RECORD & XTrap but can't I just attach to the X Server somehow and just checkout the event loop?

What I am trying to do basically is intercept all events going thru the X Server first and then allow or disallow further routing of them.

I can do this for a just an application by peeking at the events but I was wondering how to do this for the entire X Server for any application running.

Thanks.

Vin

Vincenzo Sesto
TVR Communications, LLC
Senior Software Engineer, Interactive Systems & Applications
6261 NW 6th Way, Suite #100
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
http://www.tvrc.com
p: 954-771-0025 x321  f: 954-771-0059