Re: Mouse support for dual monitors

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 04:42:09PM -0400, paul@xxxxxxx wrote:
>I'm using ICE (icewm).
>
>I was able to get it to work on the other screen by setting the
>DISPLAY variable before starting X.
>I was also able to get it to work on both screens if I started icewm-
>session in the background and then changed the DISPLAY variable to
>the other screen and then started another icewm-session.   This is
>fine for me, but I'm curious if this is the best way to do it.

Some window managers, such as twm, handle multiple screens internally.
Others, such as fvwm, determine if there are multiple screens and
automatically start an additional copy of the window manager for each
extra screen.  It sounds like icewm doesn't do either of these things,
but starting two copies yourself is equivalent to what fvwm is doing.

David