Re: 3D LUT:

   Do you mean the DAC's RGB lookup tables (for gamma correction)?
The XFree86 VidMode extension allows gamma table correction for
all drivers that support it.  See the /usr/include/X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h
header file, specifically the GammaRamp functions.  For each
component R,G,B there is an array of unsigned shorts.  Different
hardware/drivers can have different sized arrays so you should
query the size with XF86VidModeGetGammaRampSize.  Retrieve the
current LUT with XF86VidModeGetGammaRamp.

			Mark.