Re: Strange X Lockup problem with Xinerama - take 2

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 06:51:07PM -0800, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 04:50:53PM -0700, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
Again, I'm sorry for the delay... things have calmed down and I should be
able
to test any patches and get feedback in a normal turn around time again.

I asked you to produce these traces to see if the client expected some
reply to its XShmPutImage calls.  The non-Xinerama trace shows that it
doesn't, so it's possible that the XShmPutImage angle is just a red herring.

Is there something specific I can use to duplicate the problem?  You
mentionned earlier something about BlackBoard 6.

Yeah - sorry, I forgot to mention that. www.latex-project.org will reliably
and consistently cause the problem. Just go to the front page... sometimes it
takes me moving my mouse around for a few seocnds in various parts of the
browser and the webpage to make it happen.

As I mentioned before, this freeze can be triggered form any version of
firefox or mozilla.

BTW, is there any other information I can provide to help you track this bug
down? I'm happy to get any other debugging info that might help you...

No additional information is needed at this time. I'm currently in the process of setting myself up so I can (try to) duplicate this problem.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |