Re: 4.4.0 compilation problems

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Arthur Rinkel wrote:
On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 04:13:55PM -0700, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
I think there's something in your setup that's interfering with a proper
build.  So let's start with a C&P of the command line used by `make World`
to compile bdftopcf.c.

C&P means cut&paste?

Yes.

As stated in my original message, I can get bdftopcf.c compile successfully,
but I have to add some missing library to the Makefile (or a cmd line). Also
this missing library hasn't been built at the time it's required.
When bdftopcf.c compiles OK, I run 'make' again and continue to compile X, but
then another source file is missing one or two libraries... This can be fixed
ofcourse, but I don't want to end up editing all kinds of Makefiles.

That's irrelevent, as the problem occurs in the building of libXfont.so.

In any case, I've just checked and this problem has laready been fixed in the release snapshots. It occurs because your glibc #defines printf as a macro.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |