Re: External Lcd Problems with laptop! Aaaargh!

I solved the problem by installing linux again with
the VESA driver instead of the trident one! (I know,
reinstalling the OS is a windows thing to do, but hey!
I'm new to linux!) X surely regenerated the config
file this time, but what troubles me is that even in
the install process, whenever i tested any resolution
with the trident driver the LCD went out of sync.
Could there be any issue with the trident driver or
with the driver in combination with my hardware?
Anyway, I know using the VESA driver isn't good
performance wise, but practiclly I have not seen any
noticable decrease in performance. Probably because
the cyber 9388 isn't a top performer anyway! Later on
I'll try the trident driver again and post any
results. Right now I'm enjoying the benefits of linux
too much to see it's frustrating side again! Again
thanks for the help!