How to make XFree86 not handle VT switching ?

Hi!

I need to make XFree86 not do any VT switching stuff.
Is there an option for that ?
I tried the "DontVTSwitch" option, but it does not help.

What I want is to start X on a secondary gfx card, but leave the text
terminal on the primary unaffected. ( on Linux 2.6.8 kernel )

Normally X would allocate the next free vt on start and switch to it,
causing the kernel to show an empty screen on the primary card.
If I use ctrl-alt-F1 to switch to vt1, then it appears on primary display,
but the X server on the secondary card then goes "inactive".

Is there an option to make XFree86 not allocate a vt ?

Or is there maybe some "dummy" vt that I ccan specify on its command
line , like :
X :0 vt_dummy
?

Or any other way to have X on secondary and VTs on primary active at the same time ?

I know a solution with some heavy kernel patching, but I want to find
a solution that works with a plain linux kernel.

I also tried the "SingleCard" option, but that does not help either.
( it is in some patch, I guess it is not in the official XFree86 (yet?))

Regards,
David Balazic

P.S.: Keyboard handling : I have no problems with the keyboard. Please ignore the keyboard ;-)