Redhat Linux 9, Gnome x-server and Nvidia drivers.

Hello,

I just loaded Redhat 9, and I am using the Gnome x-server. I was able to
start an x-server with the default geforce driver provided with linux. When
I upgraded to the new Nvidia driver from their site:

Linux Display Driver - IA32

Version: 1.0-6629
Operating System: Linux IA32
Release Date: November 5, 2004

 The install went fine. I then started x, but the changes had not taken
effect. So I followed the diretions in the readme, to change under the
advanced tab of display properties, I changed the driver "nv", to say
"nvidia". I then logged out of the xserver as instructed. Then I again typed
start x. this time, and nvidia graphical logo flashed on the screen, then I
was put back to the command prompt, and given the error:

Symbol --GLXactiveserverfrom module
/usr/x11r6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved
fatal server error
caught signal 11
server aborting.

I consider myself to be a beginner in linux, with some basic knowledge of
commands. I am not sure hwo to solve this one. If anyone could maybe offer
some tips or help, that would be great. Thank You for your time.

Take care,

Michael Leganza