XFree86 4.4.0, nVidia QuadroFX 1000

Hoping someone can help.  Been to the modeline generators out
there (Colas, et. al.) and still having weirdness.

System is a Dell P360 with an nVidia QuadroFX 1000 256Mb RAM
card.

Monitor is a Dell 1901FP (LCD 19") that per Dell can handle
HSync 28-96, VSync 56-76 and a clock of 140MHz.

OS is OpenBSD 3.6, XFree86 rebuilt from source for v4.4.0 release.

Using something like Knoppix, I can get decent resolution and
color, up to 1280x1024.

However, with OpenBSD, _every_ resolution from 640x480 up shows
odd moire patterns for the default grey background, which on
close exam show the "jiggle" of incorrect frequency/etc.

I have tried using the modeline generators, same issue
(sometimes with a screen position problem added in).  I have
tried replicating the modelines from Knoppix, same issue.  I
have tried switching to the svga driver instead of the nv
driver.  Same issue.

I don't want to fry my flatpanel, nor do I want to stare at
strobing images/text.

Help?  Further debug info I can send on?

Thanks!

--
Ed Vazquez