Re: RE : Request for help!

   Installing XFree86 installs a /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc which probably
overwrote the choice of desktop environment your Linux distribution
set up.   Your Linux distribution should have a script/app to reselect
the desktop environment.  On redhat, I think this was called "switchdesk".

Failing that, you can always start the desktop enviroment explicitly
at the end of the xinitrc file.

			Mark.