Re: startx command line options

    It has to be a resolution listed in the XF86Config or a standard
builtin mode.

    The option you can use to switch between them on the command line
is the layout option:

  startx -- -layout layoutname

  Where layoutname corresponds to a Section "ServerLayout"
in the XF86Config file.  You can have multiple "Screen" sections
for the different resolutions and reference them separately in
separate layouts.  There are more details on the layouts in
the man page for XF86Config.

			Mark.