From: Mark Vojkovich [mailto:mvojkovi@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 5:49 PM
To: xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  X on embedded Systems

   Are you using startx?  If so, is it faster when running XFree86
directly without any clients?

   I can't recall ever seeing X start up so slowly.  How fast
is this CPU?   Does this system have a disk drive?  If so, are
you using DMA?  My first instinct would be that this is a disk
problem or you're starting more than you think you're starting.
Which XFree86 driver is this?

			Mark.