RE: Solaris - Linux problem

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 EAGOMEZC@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> How can I know if the app is running in 8 PseudoColor or 24 TrueColor ?

   When run under Solaris, run xwininfo on the application's window.
It will tell you the "Depth" and "Visual Class".

   Some apps, especially very old apps, can only run properly in
depth 8 PseudoColor.  If this app is one of them, you may only
get it to work properly if you start XFree86 in depth 8.

> When Can I fid info to understand this concept ?

   HP has some info at:

http://www.hp.com/xwindow/sharedInfo/Whitepapers/Visuals/visuals.html

			Mark.