Re: [XKB] xev is correct, other clients are not!

I realized I was looking at the wrong keymaps. Here is the correct
question:

Hi all!
  I'm using this XF86Config-4 file for my italian keyboard:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Generic Keyboard"
    Driver      "keyboard"
    Option      "CoreKeyboard"
    Option      "XkbRules"  "xfree86"
    Option      "XkbModel"  "pc105"
    Option      "XkbLayout" "it"
    Option      "XkbOptions" "compose:rwin"
EndSection

In this way, pressing the right Alt key (AltGr) together with "Ã"
(egrave) I can produce the "[". The italian keyboard definition file
($XKB/symbols/pc/it) contains in fact these line:

    key <AD11>	{ [    egrave,     eacute,  bracketleft,    braceleft ]	};

So far, everything is ok. But now I want to add another layout
(bulgarian) for typing in cyrillic, so I changed these lines in my
XF86Config-4:

    Option  "XkbLayout" "it,bg"
    Option  "XkbVariant" ",phonetic"
    Option  "XkbOptions" "compose:rwin,grp:lwin_toggle"

With the left window key I can switch to bulgarian, as I wanted. But now
I cannot produce the "[" (as well as some other symbol in the second
group of the italian layout) because instead of it I get nothing, or
some undisplayable charachter. This doesn't happen for every key: for
instance, I can still produce the sequence "e E â Â" as expected.
The problematic keys seem to be:
<AD11>, <AD12>, <AC10>, <AC11>, <AE10>, <AE11>, <AE12>

The strange thing (to me) is that xev reports the correct symbols!

So, what should I do? Why is AltGR behaving so strangely with these
keys? Or are the clients broken?

Any help will be appreciated! :-)

--
Saluti,