From: xfree86-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xfree86-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Mark Vojkovich
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 1:41 PM
To: 'xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re:  Setting high refresh rates

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Bisbal, Prentice wrote:

> I'm trying to set a higher refresh rate than what XFree86 defaults to, and
> I'm having no luck. I need a refresh rate of at least 120 Hz, and I know
> that my monitor and video card can do it. Everything I've read says that
> XFree86 should pick the highest available refresh rate, but that's not the
> case. I've also read the Timings how-to, and that hasn't been too helpful.

   XFree86 has no high refresh modes in its internal database.  If
you want high refresh modes you'll have to create high refresh
modelines and put them in your monitor section in the XF86Config file.
The "gtf" program that comes with XFree86 4.3 and newer is good for
generating arbitrary modelines.

			Mark.

 The contents of this communication are intended only for the addressee and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
communication and notify the sender.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this communication that do not relate to the official
business of my company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.