monitor geometry

Is there any way to adjust the monitor a few characters to the right without using xvitune? I haven't been able to use xvidtune because the modelines are not allowed. The program won't let me change anything. I have the correct refresh rates but I don't have a modes section in my XF86Config file, and I don't know how four values can represent a single value such as verticle refresh rate and horizontal refresh rate. Any help would be appreciated. Especially sample files with modes section for iMacs, especially from Debian.

By the way I have an indigo iMac so I have no monitor knobs and that't why I'm going through all this trouble to adjust my monitor geometry.

thanks in advance,
justin

Do you Yahoo!?