PS2 Mouse Killed My Keyboard...

Hey...

Ok so i managed to get X up and running however my serial mouse wansn't working. Instead of doing too much messing about i decided i'd just chuck on a PS2 mouse and change the settings according in xconfig. However, i had heard horror stories that if a PS2 mouse is installed but not functioning then it kills the keyboard...and guess what...my keyboard has been killed. It works up untill x starts loading (the green lights go off after this). Basicallly what i am asking is how can i get back to edit my config file when the keyboard doesn't work (can't do CTRL+ALT+F2 for example). Is there a way to stop x from loading...?

Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks in advance for your help.
Jon