Re: Setting up X-Windows on an Old machine

  You should probably remove the Option "UseFBDev" line in your
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file.  I don't think the mga driver needs
that and from the looks of the log file, the framebuffer device
doesn't like your card.

  I don't know why Debian's installer keeps trying to use
the framebuffer device.  As far as I can tell, it's much less
likely to work than the native XFree86 drivers.

			Mark.