Linux problem in my Home PC

Dear Sir,
I have a PC at home with the following configuration:

P4/1.7GHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB Seagate Baracudda HDD/TV Tuner Card  from Pinnacle/SiS 300 32 MB VGA Card ....... I was having RedHat linux 7.1 loaded on my PC.Initially I was not getting the GNOME screen but with certain modifications I was able to login to GNOME. Recently I had tried to install RedHat Linux 9 in my PC and during the booting itself the installeer could not be started in Graphics mode throwing some unknown VGA card error and I was forced to install the same in the Text mode only. After installation also when I am trying to go to GNOME mode it is coming out with some error. The error file I attach herewith for your review. Kindly tell me what I should do to get into GNOME in Linux. Even I tried to run the GUI configuration tool redhat-config-xfree86 .... but to of no use.

Susanta Kumar Padhi

Manager, EDP Section

Canara Bank, Circle Office,

21 CAMAC Street, Kolkata – 700016