Re: How to set up two monitors with ATI Mach64 Rage Pro AGP and S3 Trio64V2 (fwd)

Marc Aurele La France wrote:
Your options, at this point, are to talk to Dell (dead end), give up on the
onboard adapter in multihead, replace your motherboard, or get a system that's
not so broken.  Or, as I suggested above, atyfb _might_ come in handy for a
change.

Hi,
I would like to try atyfb first. But please forgive
my ignorance. What would be the best way to set it up?

I found atyfb.o in /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/video/aty
"modprobe atyfb" seems ok at first, but system hang when
I do "init 3".
Put modprobe in rc.local, and it hang during boot. (Fortunately
I found the install CD needed to do a rescue. A good side
effect: it moved me to convert all my ext2 partition to ext3
so recovery would not be so long next time I hit "reset")

Adding "Load atyfb" in the XF86Config file, Section "Module":
it says module not found in XF86 log.

I am running the standard Fedora Core1:
  Kernel : 2.4.22-1.2115.npt1
  XFree86: Version 4.3.0