Re: how does X find modelines?

Warren Paul wrote:
Thanx guys for all the help so far. I don't think I would be any closer if it werent for your help. Besides, at least I'm not struggling on my own anymore :)

My XF86Config file is generated by fglrxconfig. So I haven't really set anything too weird that the config program hadn't asked me about. The program is part of the ati drivers for my card. But all the relevant settings I have take great detail in checking through other posts provided by gentoo forums in ati howto. Whisch were very informative. I have also been having this problam for some time. Infact this is my 3 install of linux. I've tried it with fedora but with the same results, debian and now finally gentoo. Which I really love and want to stick with but basically this problem has been a stagnent smell that has followed me from flavour to flavour :-)

I'm writing you from a Gentoo laptop - Compaq Presario R3070us. It uses an ATI device also. I cannot run at the resolution you do so I don't know about this problem exactly, but clearly it does basically work.

I'm going to continue to think about the problem and keep my eyes open for you.

Good luck,
Mark