Re: Error recieved on an AlphaPC 164SX

Torsten Zirzlaff <zirzlaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi.
>
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Måns Rullgård wrote:
>
>> root <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> > XFree86 Version 4.3.99.2
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 28
>>
>> This has been fixed in later versions.  You might need to use "good"
>> versions of gcc and binutils as well.
>
>   Hm, I got similiar messages on my build:
>
> Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 10
>
>   What is the reason for that?

The error is printed by the module loader.  It means that the linker
used a relocation type not supported by the loader.  This is caused by
the fact that newer binutils versions sometimes use some relocation
types not used in previous versions.  Support for these types has been
added to xfree86.  Use the latest version.  There was a while when I
had to use a slightly old gcc version to make it work too, but I can't
remember which version that was.  Anyhow, I think that problem has
been fixed as well.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@xxxxxx