From: researchstuff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:researchstuff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 09 July 2004 16:27
To: xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  startx error

Could someone help with a "startx error  Server not found, remove
tmp/.XO..."
I am using redhat 9, vesa driver and am trying to change my monitor
configuration. The monitor shows only half screen. When I go into
"redhat-config-xfree86" change the monitor dimensions and up the resolution
to 1024 x 768, the instructions are to restart and start x server (startx).
But when I restart, and type startx, I get the above error message. Is there
a solution to this? Is there another way to start the server aside from
"startx"?

Thanks for any help, I have been working on this for a while. Please give
the details, I am new to linux.