ATI Radeon VE / Radeon 7000 (Split connector dongle edition)

I currently have an ATI Radeon VE graphics card. It is a card which has a single output. A dongle is connected to this output which splits into two different jacks. I have it setup so that these two jacks are DVI connectors. Using the DVI connectors I plug into adapters for DVI to MDR. I then connect the MDR jacks to a pair of Viewsonic VPD150's.

In short, I want to know if this will work in FreeBSD using XFree86.
Please refer to this page: http://www.icir.org/hodson/1600sw/

In the note, it says the following:

Note: There are at least two different revisions of the Radeon VE (aka Radeon 7000). The dual-head editions are known to work. These have 3 outputs: 1xDVI, 1xSVGA, and 1xTV-out. The split-connector editions do not work, at least that's been the experience of several friends and people who've contacted me about this setup.
Last modified: March 2003

My question is, since this page was written do the split connector editions now work? I have looked extensively and cannot seem to find information regarding this issue. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Contact: Zemmekkis@xxxxxxxxxxx