Re: PCI Radeon 7500, DRI, and 4.4.0

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 01:54:27PM -0700, Ian Romanick wrote:
> Andy Goth wrote:
>
> > First I must point out that everything works alright when I don't
> > use DRI.
> >
> > But with DRI I wind up with a non-usable X.
> >
> > Along the top of the screen I have a bar of garbage several hundred
> > pixels thick.

It's now full-screen alternating white and black bars with a bit of
color along the top.  But that hardly means anything...

> > But stranger things are in evidence... X is taking 100% CPU.
>
> It sounds like the chip is crashing and X is busy waiting for it to
> finish.  Could you send a copy of your log?

http://ioioio.net/xfree86/log.2004-06-24.1
http://ioioio.net/xfree86/cfg.2004-06-24.1

Layout "multihead" works, although I had to comment out Screen "Charlie"
because I pulled my S3 card.  Layout "3d" is crashy.

By the way, right now I have a hung xsetroot process.  How is that
possible?  Also, X is taking 99.7% CPU--- even though I SIGKILL'ed it.

As for "chip is crashing", where can I read more about this?  And how
does this explain my mouse continuing to work (be redrawn, alpha-
blending and everything) and continuing to be able to click on
(invisible) stuff, such as full-screen "-command bell" Tk buttons?

> Also, could you try a more recent version of the DRI driver?  See
> "Snapshots" on http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Download

ETA 15 minutes... I'll get back to you on that.  I hope it works with my
system, which has glibc 2.2.1 at the moment.  Thanks for the help.

--
Andy Goth  +  unununium@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  +  http://ioioio.net/