Fix (Workaround?) for : Problems using Xfree4.4 with Solaris 8 and a Silicon Motion SM722 graphics device

Hi,

I've been working on the problem described below, I have found that the silicon motion driver under Solaris has a problem accessing some device registers when using MMIO.  My solution was to implement the "NoMMIO" option in the driver (at least partially anyway? Sufficient to get XFree86 up and running under Solaris)  My efforts are attached, as a patch to the silicon motion driver.  The patch seems more of a workaround though, since I've not discovered the why MMIO does not work correctly.

One problem remains, exiting XFree86 back to the Solaris text console results in a blank screen, I think this is down to a few device control registers not being restored correctly, forcing both foreground and background colours to be the same.

Best regards,

Simon.

 <<smi_driver.patch>>
 <<smi.h.patch>>