will not work

To Whom It May Concern:

I am a novice programmer who has installed Red Hat Linux 9 on an old
IBM P75 machine.  Linux and BSD works great on the old machine, but I
cannot get XFree86 to work with the hardware.  When the program
attempts to find my display device, I get the following error message:

(WW) s3: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:9:0:0)
found

This message actually repeats itself several times. I have an S3
display adapter that was built into the motherboard. To alleviate the
problem, I installed an 8MB ATI display adapter in one of the PCI
slots. It has not helped.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Randall Sexton