FW: Problems using Xfree4.4 with Solaris 8 and a Silicon Motion SM722 graphics device

Hi,

I'm not sure if my original email was sent correctly, so it is included below, just incase...

Cheers,

Simon.

Dear XFree.org list,

I'm having problems getting XFree 4.4 up and running with Solaris 8 on my ix86 base board using a Silicon Motion 722 graphics device.  I've installed the Solaris 8 binaries and configured the XF86config file, but when I launch XFree I'm left with a blank screen.  I've tried the same hardware set-up under Linux, installing again from the 4.4 binaries, and everything works fine.  I've attached the respective log files, Solaris and Linux.  From the Solaris log file I can see that the video BIOS is not detected, and the Silicon Motion driver is stuck in a loop issuing video reset commands.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Is there a fix or workaround to get XFree working under Solaris with this SM graphics device?

Cheers,

Simon.

 <<XFree86.0.log.linux>>  <<XFree86.0.log.2.solaris>>