Re: Problem with Savage/IX PCI on SuSE 9 pro

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 07:42:48PM +0200, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
> > But, since even the new, improved XFree logs don't really tell you
> > enough about what they're *actually* providing, I'm not sure what the
> > other modes are, in consequence of which, I can't tell why I can't get
> > the 1024x768x16x85Hz that Windows has no problem providing.
> >
> > Do I really have to buy a new card?  Or is there something on the
> > configuration or debugging messages front that I'm missing?
> >
> > Heeelllpppppp!??!?!?!!!  :-)
>
> I know NIL about the savage driver but what happens if you strip out all
> those funky Modelines from your XF86Config and just set up the
> VertRefresh/HorizSync ranges in the Monitor section to match your
> monitor (unless the ones you have actually are correct)?

Well, the modelines that are there were put there by SaX, but sure, I
can comment them out and see what happens.  I've already handmangled
the monitor section; yeah; that part's right.

Cheers,
-- jra

--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra@xxxxxxxxxxx
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

        "They had engineers in my day, too."  -- Perry Vance Nelson