RE: No Keyboard

Hi,

This report is very timely. I'm not sure if it also applies on my case.
Anyways, here it is:

I've created a stripped down (practically removing binaries and libs that
I don't need) XF86-4.4.0 environment. It's now less than 20Mb and it
works (intermittently).

My problem is with a USB keyboard. Most of the time, the whole system
starts (up to automatically loading X) with no problem. But at times,
X starts without keyboard support. And similar to the other report,
only my USB mouse works.

When this problem happened, I telneted into the machine, did an `lsmod`,
and all USB modules seem to be loaded properly. I did a hot-plug/remove
on the USB KB, and the instance is reflected properly on /var/log/messages.
So this means that the USB modules + KB are working fine.

Then I terminated X from telnet, and went back to direct I/O control, and
it is evident that the keyboard is indeed working fine as I am able to type
directly to the console.

Now, upon restarting X once more (startx), I noticed that the KB is once
again crippled in the X environment.

I did a check on my /var/log/XFree86.0.log already and can't find any
clues.

Additional info:

My hardware is a GX2+CS5535-based SBC. So I'm using the new "nsc" driver.
My KB problem seem to be intermittently evident when I'm using the "nsc"
driver. I also tried "vesa" and "fbdev" on this same hardware and did not
encounter any KB problems on X. The last two modules however can't do a
1280x1024 24bpp on my hardware.

Also, I had a report (just yesterday) on the "nsc" driver's failure to
restore an fbcon environment upon exiting/terminating X, and gathered no
replies (most likely because GX2 is new).

I'm currently investigating further these GX2 issues that *may* be rooted
with the "nsc" driver.

Any help, input, tips are greately appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
Vic

---