Re: Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing

Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
On Mon, 3 May 2004, Mark Knecht wrote:

   I never received any answers to this, but have managed to find the
cause, or at least a work around. Something happens with the newest
versions of openssh that stop the RENDER attribute on the local end
being visible at the remote end. Downgrading ssh solved this problem, at
least for the short term.

   Possibly someone knows of a new configuration item to allow
openssh-3.8 to work like 3.7 did?

Anyway, just thought I'd send this for the record.

Hi Mark,

you have to set
	ForwardX11Trusted yes
in ssh_config or, equivalently, use "ssh -Y". This is a new option that came
with openssh-3.8 (see ssh(1)) which is needed for other purposes as well.

regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Peter,
Thanks very much. I upgraded back to 3.8 and added -Y to my command line. I am now getting fast response from Evolution.

cheers,
Mark