Re: ati video

Guy Rouillier wrote:

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:38:29 -0500
bill and kary <bill7kary@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i have a similar problem with SUSE 9.0 on a new dell inspiron XPS with
a radeon 9700 mobility that i can't get to work with anything other
than the vesa driver (ie. the fglrx driver from ati). i need to do
opengl development. if you find out anything, the help would be great.

I could not get usable results from the fglrx driver for my 9600 Mobility on AMD64. I read that 4.4.0 had native support, so out of frustration I downloaded it and installed. Been using it for several months, works okay with some quirks.

Actually, now that I remember, I did get ATIs driver to work on the same
hardware on a separate, 32-bit installation.  I had to recompile it,
though.

cheers,
bill whitaker

guy,

what type of quirks did you notice with 4.4? I'm developing a large opengl application and I would like the solution to support the full API if possible. Do you think I should try 4.4 or wait for another solution?

thanks,
bill