Re: Xv - video extender

   Xv (the X-Video extension) comes with XFree86 4.x servers.
Whether or not you can use it depends on whether or not your
video card driver supports it.  I believe Xine primarily uses
the XvImage functionality of Xv.  If you run the app "xvinfo"
(you may already have it) and it reports a line like:

    operations supported: PutImage

you most likely have Xv support for Xine to use.

			Mark.