RE: lcd bottom of screen at top & top at bottom

where did you get the modeline from?
I copied the modeline from a working XMetroconfig file.
With that as a starting point, I tried running xvidtune
to move the screen up, but I was unable to make it look
right.

if I use http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl I get Modeline "640x480@60" 24.11 640 672 760 792 480 490 495 505

I will try this modeline and see if it helps.

AFAIK , XFree is setting the FPClk by itself, but on the other hand, it seems like I can't really help you

Well, I have an acceptable workaround for now (using the vga=785 option).

Thanks:

David

Veikko