Re: How do I recovery graphic mode?

Ariel,

It seems that we are having the same problem.  I sent email about a similar problem
in the beginning of the week.  When we boot the systems using level 5 the two X
processes fight for control of the display.  That is why we see them attempting to start
graphical interface several times, but fail every one.

Now that you are running in level 3, and the startx fails, check if X is running with this
command: ps -ef | grep X.  I believe that the reason that startx fails is because there
is already an X connected to xfs.  What I have done is to kill the running processes
of X and then use startx to restart X.  Now what we have to find out is what is making
X to be started twice.

I have been all over the config files trying to find what causes this problem, but without
success.  Hopefully someone will be kind enough to help us solve it.