Re: Error: Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".

Dear Ian,

I do not installed NVIDIA drivers, because I was affraid my X could not
restart anymore! So I didn't touch XFree86 Install. It's the original
installation from FREEBSD-4.8.

The most strange thing is that I run the program: glxgears (that from
/usr/X11R6/bin/glxgears) and It works properly! (with animations).
But I've found and downloaded a similar program from
http://www.opengl.org/resources/code/glut/glut_examples/mesademos/mesademos.html
(program gears.c) that shows the same picture from glxgears, and when I
run the compiled a.out program it doesn't work!!

But I do not belive any more that the problem is related to the message
Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0"

That's because, like you suggested in the last message, when glxgears run,
it prints on the xterm exactly that message, but it works!

I would like to try compiling the sources that generated glxgears, but I
do not have their font.

I'm thinking in trying an upgrade to FreeBSD 5.0 that should came with
XFree-4.4.0 to see if this problem will disapear.

Thank you a lot, and also to Mike.