Re: xf86 config probs

On Saturday 20 March 2004 09:58, _ Jason wrote:
> when I <create> a config file, whether it is autoscanned or
> manually made, Xserver crashes telling me screens were found but none
> correctly configured
> but when I delete the config file, X windows start up fine except at an
> awfully low resolution.
> How can I change the display resolution? Or am I missing the point?

Two things you can do:
- Create the config file, start X, and send us the config and log file. We'll
help you fix the errors.
- Start x, read the log file, and find out which config file it uses. X will
look in multiple places for a config file to use, and when the one's not
present that you deleted, it probably finds one in a different location. You
can then copy that config file, and extend it to include better resolutions.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff