ATI Radeon LE or what Radion cards are actually supported?

Hi. I have very serious problems with my nVidia TNT2 M64 under FreeBSD 4.9/XFree86 4.3. I mean I can't get acceleration to work in XFree86. Very buggy driver from nVidia hang's up my machine every time it starts. I tryed SDRAM/SGRAM detection problem, AGP configs... and many other tricks to get the driver working. But it hang's up over and over. I'm not the only one who has the same problem.

So, I decided to buy a new video card that is supported by XFree86 directly. I think ATI is a good choice. I digged a man page about it and found that maximum fully supported version is Radeon 9000 with an RV250 chip. But I can't find it in shops, in the stores. I found only Radeon 9000LE. I was told that it is a ''light edition'' of Radeon 9000. Other cards that I see everywhere are Radeon 9200.

The questions are:

How am I supposed to determine the chip of a card if it's covered with cooler? :)

Does an ATI Radeon 9000LE has the same chip? Would it be fully supported as just a 9000.

Would an ATI Radeon 9200 be fully supported? Does it use the same chip as 9000?

Thank you.
Please include me in CC and reply me immediatly.
(Sorry for my bad english)

Yuri