Re: S3 Virge video card

Ron Johnson wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 21:16, Eddie wrote:
> > Feb.24th  2004  11:05pm
> >
> >    Hello there;
> >
> >    Ever since I installed this S3 Virge PCI video card(325 model with
> > 4mb) no matter what resolution I use,usually 800x600 or 1024x768 when
> > I move within Windows 95(or now 98SE)on this P166 based computer with
> > 64mb ram,I see these little dots,the size of a pixel or so left behind
> > when I open windows or close them.Under Windows 98SE,I allowed it to
> > install the proper drivers but have since installed the 1997 drivers I
> > was using when running Windows 95b.I have changed the refresh rate
> > from 46,to 60 tried the "optimum" and adapter default  options ,all
> > with similar dotty results.Any information regarding this would be
> > appreciated.
>
> Are you sure you're on the right mailing list?

ViRGE suffers from some of the same problems in Windows that we see once
in a while on various chipsets under XFree86/Unix variants...

I'd suggest a lower refresh rate, followed by using the windows display
setup and turning down the acceleration (it usually has 2 or 3 levels,
full accel, partial accel, and no accel.)  If that doesn't work, it may
just be a factor of the cheap memory on some of those virge cards.

--
Kevin