Re: Loading Nvidia proprietary driver not working

Eric Linzie wrote:
> I got the latest NVIDIA proprietary driver from their site and tried to load
> it unsuccessfully. I have attached the XF86Config and XFree86.0.log files.

> X will not start at all after changing the Driver setting to "nvidia".

The configuration file and log file show that you are using the XFree86 open
source 'nv' driver, rather than the nVidia binary 'nvidia' driver.

If you are having problems with the 'nvidia' driver, send the log output from
trying to run it. With your current configuration the 'nv' driver will not work
correctly with the nVidia's binary driver GLX module for OpenGL support. Also
ensure you have installed the nVidia binary kernel module as per their instruction.