Re: im new to all of this.

  You'll have to talk to NVIDIA if you want help
getting their binary drivers to work, but we can
help get the "nv" driver that comes with XFree86
to work.

  This card should work with the "nv" driver that
comes with XFree86 4.3.  With one of the 4.4 snapshots
it should "just work", but with 4.3 you may need to
add:

   Option "CrtcNumber" "1"

to the Section "Device" of the XF86Config file.  If you
can't get the "nv" driver that comes with XFree86 4.3 or
newer to work, send your /var/log/XFree86.0.log file.  It's
not not expected to work with pre-4.3 "nv" drivers.

		Mark.