3D OpenGL for S3/Pro Savage DDR-K

Felix and I have ported S3/VIA's savage code to the current savage
driver.  it's available on the savage-2-0-0-branch in DRI cvs. It's
still in development, but works pretty well.  All savages are supported
except the savage2000.

http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/S3Savage

see this page for info about downloading and building a branch of cvs:

http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Download

Alex

-------------------------

I am seeking a driver, or information about a driver for Suse Linux 9.0
that
will allow video accleration ( 3D OpenGL) on my brand new machine.

My video chipset is a Via/S3 chipset.  It's part of the VIA KM266 on
the MB
Northbridge   The model is S3/Pro Savage DDR-K.

I have found information about a basic driver, but it doesn't seem to
allow 3D
( even though this chipset is quite capable of accleration, I know
since I
dual boot Windos ).

So far, my searching has revealed:

http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html#download

In which the author says:

VIA/S3 has release an updated version of THEIR Savage driver. It forked
off of
my source base about 3 years ago, so there are significant differences,
but
it looks like they have addressed a number of issues. This includes
motion
compensation support for MPEG playback (XvMC), and the long-awaited DRI

driver for 3D OpenGL code.

Ok, but on viaarena -- supposedly the /official/ support site for
VIA/S3, they
point back to probo.com (?#>#).   Here's their drivers:

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=184#ProSavageDDR

I wrote Via's support department, but have not heard back.

Again, is there any knowledge about a savage driver that will support
3D
OpenGL acceleration.

I have a desparate need to play TuxRacer :D on my new machine.