Re: Using the shapes extensions

Jeff Pierce wrote:
I have searched the web and really find very little on using the shape extentsion in xfree86. I found which library to use, but no basic info on using it in apps.

Does nobody know where there is online tutorial or coding examples?

There are a few applications in the base XFree86 code that use the shaple exentsion. oclock and xeyes for instance.

You can also look at the documentation in xc/doc/hardcopy/Xext/shape.PS.gz and shapelib.PS.gz.

Also, does the shapes extension allow mouse feed thru like Windows? I read an article that said something about Input clipping not being supported yet, only output clipping.

I don't know what you mean here. But just try it with xeyes or oclock.

--
Matthieu