mouse pointer problems

Hello,
I am using 7.1 Red Hat Linux with the 4.0.3-5 version of XFree86. I
recently had to change my video card in my server. When I did something
in the configuration got messed up.  I've been searching  for the
solution in the documentation but had no success.

THE PROBLEM:

When the XSERVER starts up, it does not show the mouse pointer. It shows
a distorted square  box. The mouse does move the box fine. To select an
option from the screen, i'll have put the top right corner of the box on
the object, then select it. Everything seems to work fine except for the
box being on the screen and not the "pointer arrow picture".

Can you tell me where I can fine the configuration file that handles
this process and the (i guess) arrow bit map file.

Thank you,
JAF