From: "Martin Roy" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <XFree86@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 4:18 PM
Subject:  Starting xserver problem

Hi, i have this problems for many years.

OS:       RHEL ES v.3
Rpm :     XFree86-4.3.0-35.EL

I do not know why, my xserver does not want to start from level 3 to 5 with
the command startx.

Notice that problem is coming from no where and it is random and
sporadicaly.

A) Here the core error message that i get when i tried to start xserver:

" Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!"
"Fatal server error: could not open default font 'fixed'"
"X10:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
       after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remainning."

B) Here also the messages that i get when i boot the system :

" Jan 23 08:41:12 station2 xfs: xfs startup succeeded "
" Jan 23 08:41:12 station2 xfs: cannot establish any listening sockets "

If you could provide me with some directions to solve this problem, I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Martin Roy
www.linuxsoft.ca