question - Which spaceballs are supported by the magellan driver?

Hi all,

I've been searching the internet, various mailing list, usenet, and the
sourcecode, and i haven't been able to find the answer to my question:

Which spaceballs are working with Xfree?

Is this information available anywhere? any ideas?

I tried to get a spaceball 3003 to work with Xfree. This failed with a
'Unable to query/initialize MAGELLAN hardware.' error message. I tried
both the magellan and spaceorb drivers - without succes.

I'm sure the spaceball is working, and on the /dev/ttyS0 port which i
configured, since the drivers from 3dconnexion are working correctly. Only
problem is that these drivers do not provide Xi.

I assume the spaceball 3003 isn't supported. Now we're planning to buy a
newer spaceball which is supported by the driver, but i can't find which
spaceballs are supported.

Thanks in Advance,
Tijs Zwinkels