Re: Sony GDM-5402 Monitor

Re: Mark Vojkovich

You were right! I get the same problem with another monitor. What
can I do about the driver? I got my basic configuration file with
X -configure which obviously determined the necessary driver by itself. Would it help to upgrade xfree ?

Re: William Gallafent

I tried your less "challenging" parameters, however, again without success. Somehow the only mode which seems to work is "640x480" as long as I don't give HorizSync and VertRefresh values.

Interestingly I had a working display before installing Debian 3.0!

Thanks again to your replies!
Christian.

Mark Vojkovich wrote:

   These specifications are that of a multisync monitor, so
it should sync to any default mode that XFree86 picks for it
if you have filled in the HorizSync and VertRefresh appropriately
in the XF86Config file.  Other info on the web that I see
confirms the specifications of:

  HorizSync  30 - 121
  VertRefresh 48 - 160

It sounds like you have a problem with the monitor or graphics
card or graphics card driver (most likely the later).

Do any modes work correctly?

   You might want to try borrowing another monitor to see
if you get the same problem on a different monitor.  I would
guess that you would, and that it's a driver problem.

Mark.